This is the second tutorial in a series that show you how to use iMagic Inventory. This tutorial steps you through the process of adding inventory items. It is presumed that you have already configured the system, if you haven't you may want to review the first tutorial before continuing.
Adding inventory items is quick and easy. To add an item:
1. Click the Inventory button on the toolbar.
2. Click the New Item button near the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter the item's details. Only the name is required to get started, however for this tutorial enter the No In Stock as well.
4. Click the OK button.
While most item details are optional, entering other details will allow you to use the full features of iMagic Inventory. The item details are:
- Long Description useful when the Name field isn't enough to describe the item.
- Barcode allows you to associate a barcode with the item. A Barcode Scanner can then be used to add items to invoices.
- Sale Price the amount you sell the item for (not including tax). Note that you can have multiple pricing, i.e. Retail, Trade, etc.
- Tax Rate the tax that should be applied to the item. Select N/A if not tax should be added. You can add additional Tax Rates by selecting Configure and then Tax Rates from the main menu.
- Category and Sub-Categorythe categories this item belongs in. Using Categories can help organize your stock. You can add Categories by selecting Configure and then Item Categories from the main menu.
- Vendor the vendor who supplies the item. Select N/A if you produce the item yourself. You can add Vendors by selecting Configure and then Item Vendors from the main menu.
- Min Stock Level the minimum level of stock you would like to have for this item. This number will be used when generating a Reorder Report.
- No In Stock the number of these items you currently have.
- Reorder Level when items reach this level they will be added to the Reorder Report.
- Warranty Returns how many items have been returned by customers.
- Warehouse and Storage Location where the item is physically stored. This information is used when creating a Picking List. You can add Locations by selecting Configure and then Item Locations and Warehouses from the main menu.
Tutorial 1 Getting Started - Setting up
Tutorial 3 Creating Invoices
Tutorial 4 Viewing Customers and Details
Tutorial 5 Reports
Tutorial 6 Setting up Categories and Sub-Categories
Tutorial 7 Adding Vendors
Exporting Customers and Invoices to Excel
Creating an Email Mailing List
Tips and Tricks - Quickly Finding Invoices
Tips and Tricks - Quickly Finding Customers
Back to the contents page